Friday, January 2, 2009

7th Anniversary


Spence and I had our 7 year anniversary on December 22nd. Every year we shake our heads and wonder what in the **** we were thinking to get married three days before Christmas. I guess we just planned it around our families of when they would all be in town. Everyone remembers our wedding because it was the coldest day ever in Evanston. We all froze our behinds off. I joke with Spence and tell him "I always told you it would be a cold day in hell before I married you." LOL

We stayed the night at Inn on the Creek in Midway Utah. That is where we stayed for our wedding night. Spence surprised me and had candles in the room with a bottle of chilled sparkling cider along with rose petals on the bed and in the tub- just like our wedding night. It was very romantic. Dinner was excellent and very cozy.




Dear Spence,

I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and am grateful to have you in my life. I love that you are able to provide for our family so that I am able to stay home with our children. I think that it is so important to be at home with them. I love our children so much and hope that I can be a good mom to them.

One thing I love about you is your ability to give. You are one of the most giving poeple I know. I love that you always want to do what you can to help others out. It is such a good quality to have. I think it is such a good example to our children.

Another thing I love about you is your hands. You have strong, sexy hands that are so gentle. They are also hands that can fix or do anything. You amaze me in your knowledge on how to do things- from around the house to cars. You are so talented that way which makes me so lucky to have you.

I hope you know how much I love you. Thank you for knowing the importance of me needing time away from the kids and home, and also for believing in date nights. Thank you for watching the kids for me. Thank you for being romantic and for thinking of me. Thank you for your patience and for loving me.

Love Always, Jackie

6 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

What a great anniversary!! Congrats on your seven year. Your relationship is such a great example to your kids and the young women you are over.

Jen-ben said...

ah...love love the pics, and what an awesome anniversary!!

Emily said...

You guys look amazing! Your hair looks fabulous, and you are stunning in your dress. Where in the world did Spence get such a great tan in December?!? All of you look so genuinely happy! I love it. And I definitely agree - you and Spence are some of the most generous people I know.

Emily said...

Double Comment: I just read your latest "Logan Moment" about Claire sucking her thumb. That is hilarious! Logan is quite witty. I'm sure it is one of my daughter's bad habits rubbing off that encouraged Claire to give thumb-sucking a try after five years. Just yesterday, Greg promised Macy a puppy if she would stop sucking her thumb. He obviously doesn't have a lot of faith in her abilities.

andrea said...

that is such a sweet letter to your hubby jackie. and how nice he is to plan that romantic weekend :) you looked so happy on your wedding day, ah :) just a beautiful couple!

happy anniversary!!

Tyler and Jen said...

Ahhhhh...so sweet! I asked Tyler if we were going to do anything special for our anniversary this year because it's #10 and he said "You already got it...new floors" (he's still mad at me because he thinks I spent too much on the new tile in our bathrooms and laundry room). So I'm jealous!!! Do you know what I remember most about your wedding? IT WAS FREACKEN' COLD!!! :> And I found our Craig and Jill were dating. But mostly I remember you had your journal displayed with it open to the page where you wrote about knowing you were going to marry Spence right after you'd met him. It made me laugh because I'd written that about several guys...none of whom were Tyler...LOL! :>
Happy New Year!
Jen