Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Priesthood Is Restored!

Spence's priesthood was restored Sunday evening! Our Stake President met with him and he had permission from the First Presidency to restore his blessings. It was so spiritual and special. I felt soooo privileged to have been able to be included. The Stake President said that he's not even allowed to invite his counselors in for it. The spirit was so strong- of course, we all needed tissues! We (I) have been waiting so long for this to happen. Spence will get his temple recommend this week and we are planning on attending the temple together on Saturday! Yay!

During the meeting, the Stk President reminded Spence how much Heavenly Father loves him and remembers his sins no more. He read Doctrine and Covenants 58:42 "Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more." Now that his blessings have been restored, his dates of being baptized, receiving priesthood and temple endowment are his original dates that they happened. How cool is that?

Last night for Family Home Evening, we talked about the priesthood and blessings we can receive from it. Spence then had his first opportunity to give each of his children a father's blessing- and me one also. The spirit could be felt in our home. The kids were all so touched. It meant a lot to them. Logan said he even started crying during my blessing. It was such a great experience- one that I will cherish forever.

We are going to try and hold out until December to be sealed as a family so that some of Spence's siblings can be here. I was telling Claire that we can go to the temple and be sealed so we can be together forever as a family. She says "So we go everywhere together?" I said "What do you mean?" She said "Like when you go cater and stuff, we all go?" Ha ha ha- No. That is definitely not what that means. :-)

8 comments:

andrea said...

how wonderful!! and your little claire is so cute! what a wonderful month for you and your family! new baby, priesthood power, soon to be all sealed -- what could be better?! i am so tickled for you guys!!!! :)

Brian and Kim said...

What special time for you and your family. We are very happy for you!

We're the reason God made Oklahoma said...

This is such great news. You both are being blessed for living worthy and we could not be happier for you. It is exciting to think of all the blessings that are in store for you and your family. Also we are so excited for your new baby!!

Emily said...

What an amazing Family Night. I'm sure your kids will remember that moment forever. This whole experience has taught me so much more about the Atonement and how real it is. Thank you for sharing. We are so, so, so HAPPY for you guys!

Skye and Jordon said...

That is such an amazing blessing! What a great thing to have happen! Especially with having the priesthood in the home and your family sealed for eternity! I'm so happy for your family!

Meagan & Eric said...

That is fantastic. We are so happy for you! Keith (President Yorgason) is such a great guy. He and Eric have been good friends for 30 years. Ever since Eric was a little boy.

Andee said...

I love this. So much. I cried at the blessing part. And Claire is so cute! That would be hard to understand. :)

Tyler and Jen said...

I'm sitting here bawling! Please tell Spencer how proud I am of him and how happy I am for all of you. I too have been waiting a long time for this day! I'm so happy for you guys!