Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day

For Labor Day this year we went up to Evanston so the kids could ride in my dad's truck in the parade. They had so much fun throwing candy out to all the parade watchers. Nathan had fun because he got to drive the truck in the parade while Spence, Samuel and I rode inside with him.

This is my cute mom and dad. I love them so much. :-)

Claire suddenly has an obsession with horses and wishes we had some.

After the parade we went and visited my Grandma Davis. She is 92 years old and still living by herself. For some reason she just keeps hanging on. She has slowed down quite a bit due to some falls that created some hip and back problems for her. She loves to crochet and has made countless afghans and dolls.

Samuel got to meet his great-grandma for the first time. I am so glad my kids have the opportunity to get to know their great grandparents. I wish my Grandpa Davis was still alive for them to meet as well. He was so special, and I know grandma misses him dearly. He has been gone for nearly 12 years now.

I can't believe we are already half way through September and the holidays are quickly approaching. Where did the summer go? Where did the year go? I am definitely not ready for snow....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jackie I sure hope you get this reply. I don't know how else to get to you. Cute family by the way. On the Chicken Enchilada Soup you leave the tortillas in with the veggies. After the veggies and everything else has boiled around for 20-25 minutes you won't even be able to see a tortilla. They pretty much dissolve into the soup. Blend it all up together and add the other stuff. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!!!