Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms

I finished reading this book and just wanted to make a short post about it. I loved it! It was so refreshing to read something that is so positive about being a stay-at-home mom and it made me feel so good about being one. So many of the things Dr. Laura talked about validated some of the feelings I often have with staying at home. (I'm just a maid, I don't contribute income, I'm around kids all day...etc.)

I know there are many viewpoints and opinions on working vs. staying at home and I say to do what's best for each situation. Myself- I am so grateful to stay at home with my children. Even though it is so difficult sometimes, I wouldn't give it up for anything. I have been busy the past few weeks with the catering company I work for. I worked 3 days last week and am working 4 days this week. I love getting out and being around "adults" but let me tell ya- it's been hard! I don't know how working moms do it. It is so difficult to take care of kids, house and work at same time.

Anyway, just wanted to share and recommend the book. If anyone wants to borrow it- just let me know. :-)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I would love to borrow it if thats okay! I would almost swear you heard the conversation I was having with my sister just last night. I was telling her that sometimes I just felt like going out and getting a job so I actually have something to show(aka: paycheck)for working all day. It's also hard to feel so isolated here in my little "cave"....etc. Anyway, seeing your blog this morning may be just what I need to get my mojo back. I can also check it out from the library if someone else already has it. Thanks!

Emily said...

I'll have to read it. I could use some praise right now. I feel like a complete failure lately.