Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication


Spence, Nathan and I had the opportunity to attend one of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedications at the temple last Friday. (President Monson's birthday.) It was such an amazing event and I feel so blessed to have been able to attend. We were seated in one of the endowment rooms. The speakers were amazing and had great words of wisdom. Of course, made me feel guilty for not going to the temple more often. So I am determined to make it a higher priority in my life. The music was so beautiful and the Spirit was very strong. Spence filled up his white hankerchief with tears before the Hosanna shout even started. :-)


When it was over, the usher stood by our exit to hold us off for a minute from leaving. Our room was right by the elevator. The usher told us the Prophet was coming. We were in the back row of the room so right when Spence peaked his head out to look, President Monson peaked in to say hello to everyone. He shook Spence's hand. Spence was elated. The elevator was taking forever so we got to spend a few minutes only feet from a Prophet of God, along with an Apostle and President Uchtdorf. What amazing men they are. It was an experience I will never forget and will treasure forever.


As I was sitting in the endowment room waiting for the dedication to begin I couldn't help but feel so blessed to live where I do and to have these opportunities that so few people have. I have had the chance to see two new temples built and attend open houses, volunteer in one of the open houses, take part in the Youth Temple Celebration at the Conference Center and attend a temple dedication in the temple. What a great year it has been! And I have a feeling that it will end with my family being sealed in the temple. :-)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

We attended on Saturday thanks to two gracious babysitting grandparents. It was beautiful! I didn't get to see President Monson, but I was in awe at just knowing we were in the same building at the same time! We are so blessed to have so many temples around us. Mike and I also left feeling like we take all of it for granted and we need to work towards attending more often. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Emily said...

That's amazing. I'm glad you guys had such a good experience.