Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Queen Claire

All of my posts seem to be about Claire lately- this one is no different.

Claire has been living like a Queen lately in the mornings. She is so spoiled. Every morning between 6 and 7am I hear this loud "Mom!!" She refuses to come to my room to let me know what she wants. So I have to drag myself out of bed to meet her needs. It's either a drink, something to eat (yes- breakfast snack in bed), or my favorite: "Mom, will you pull my covers up on me?" I just shake my head and think of how ridiculous it is.

Well, a few nights ago I decided that I was going to end this habit. So as we laid in bed I rehearsed with her what to do if she needed a drink- simply reach over to the nightstand and get the cup of water herself. Then I pulled her covers downs and taught her how to pull them up herself. "Now Claire, when you wake up in the middle of the night and your covers are down- what do you do? Do you call for mom or do it yourself?" She showed me how she could do it on her own. Yay!

That next morning at 7am I hear "Mom!" ARGH! So I stumble into her room- her covers are pulled up and she has a grin on her face."

"What do you need Claire?"

"Look! I pulled the covers up all by myself." All I could do was laugh and think I GIVE UP! :-)

4 comments:

andrea said...

haha! that is the cutest!! what a fun memory!

Denise said...

Very cute!

If Claire is starting to learn to read, try playing a board game called Er-u-di-tion that incorporates both sight words and phonics.

This award winning game helps children learn to read, spell and understand the most common words in the English language while playing an entertaining board game.

Cards are categorized so children of all reading levels can play together!

Emily said...

She's a smart one (and totally adorable)!!!

Tyler and Jen said...

Love it!!! Too funny!