Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Black Man Dance

I picked up Logan from school yesterday and asked how his day was. He said it was good. He began to tell me about a dance they were learning in PE. (He has been learning dances such as the square dance...) I asked him what dance it was. He said "the black man dance." Instantly I was trying to think of what kind of dance that might be- african? I thought maybe it's some dance to celebrate Martin Luther King day this next week.

I started asking more questions about the dance. Logan explained... it's this movie where aliens come to earth, but they are nice aliens and these guys in sunglasses and black suits dance and get the aliens.
Ah...you mean "Men in Black."

"Yeah, that's it!" Whew...glad I figured that one out.

One more Logan story....this time I was taking him to school in the morning. We were kind of early and it was cold outside so I asked him if he wanted to just sit in the car and wait a few minutes. He said "No, I will just find a warm spot outside to sit." I asked where he would find one. He replied "In the woodchips under the rock wall thing on the playground. There's only room for one person though, so we do rock/paper/scissors for it. I've only won once."


I envisioned a bunch of freezing little ground hogs or something trying to burrow down into the woodchips on the playground....


and my little "groundhog" freezing because he can't win the game of rock/paper/scissors.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness. I was a little nervous by the title, but was laughing hysterically when I read the post. Too funny!