Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Official...

I'm OLD! Last night Nathan shaved for the first time. He had a little mustache growing that was driving him nuts. Oh my goodness....seeing my "baby" put on shaving cream and get out the razor really made me wonder where the time goes..... I remember the day he was born- it seems like yesterday. In a flash he was starting school. Now he's almost ending his 8th grade year and will be a Freshman! Aahh! It seems like not too long ago I was at that age. How does this happen? Within just 5 short years he will be driving, dating, graduating and leaving for a mission. Just 5 years!! That's a mere blink of an eye.

I am so proud of the fine young man that Nathan has become. He is so talented and intelligent. He hardly gives me any grief. (Just minor stuff like not cleaning his room and a few quarrels with siblings. Okay...and some back talking here and there.) It's strange to see him maturing. Maybe having this baby will help me to feel younger. :-)

(I tried to take a few pictures of him shaving to document this "first" in his life, but he shut the door on me and refused. Typical teenager...)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness!!! You are old! I was actually noticing the little bit of facial hair at his last piano lesson. He is a great kid! All of your kids are truly great kids. We love them!

Skye and Jordon said...

I can't believe he is that old either. I still remember him when he was just little! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm enjoying being pregnant.. I am excited for you as well! Hope we get to see you sometime soon!

Jen-ben said...

SERIOUSLY! WHere DOES the time go?! Nathan is such a great kid, you should be proud! :)