Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Logan

The week after Claire received her "Principal's Pride" award....Logan received one also. I kind of chuckled when I read his certificate of why he received it. It read "Logan is a great helper in class. He likes to be on clean team and make our classroom nice and organized." Ever since Logan was a toddler he loved to vacuum and has always been one to help out. He likes to keep busy helping with yardwork and what not. He also loves to fix things with tools and has his own collection of "real tools" thanks to his Grandpa John. Grandpa will call up Logan and tell him to bring over his drill when he needs some help to fix a shelf or help fixing the shower. He definitely takes after his dad...



This week he is the "Star Student" in his classroom. He had to fill out a questionnaire telling about himself. I let him fill it in all by himself. I was very proud when he said his most favorite place is "home." I was able to go in his classroom while students asked questions about him. And of course, in a room full of 2nd graders some of the questions were quite funny. One was "what is your favorite color of underwear?" And I was so lucky to get to pay $3 for school lunch to eat with him. At least it was pizza day. Which I don't understand why I have to pay $3 for a slice of pizza when they get it from "5 Buck Pizza." I could get the entire pizza for 5 bucks but you are charging me $3 for one slice??
I am also very proud of Logan because he no longer needs extra help in reading. He has been a bit below grade level and has worked very hard to improve. His reading level has gone up and is almost above grade level. Yay! Good Job bud!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is awesome! Way to go Logan. Will you please send him over on Saturday because I have a "list." Also, I'm pretty sure my kids would also put down your home as their favorite place. :-)