Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Girls Night Out


Friday night I went to the Elton John and Billy Joel concert with my Aunt Karen and some other ladies. Karen's friend Mickey (guess she's my friend too) got us the tickets from her work. At the Fleetwood Mac concert we were in the front row by stage, but this year we were in the 9th row off side of stage. They were awesome seats. It was so much fun.


I am amazed at what talented men these two are. (And I use the term "man" loosely when talking about Elton...) I love the piano and having them both play was awesome. I'm amazed at how they can just sit down and pound out all of those songs from memory.
Billy Joel was definitely my favorite. He entertained more and had the crowd laughing at times. He interacted more with the crowd.


The ended with "Piano Man", but my favorite was "Candle in the Wind." Probably because I used to be able to play it on the piano. Guess I'll have to dig it out and start practicing again.

Thanks for the night out Mickey! It was much appreciated!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Jealous!!!

RandomThoughts said...

I've seen both men in concert, and YES, I do consider Elton John a man, no matter what his sexual orientation is. Don't you remember he was once married to a woman? I've seen him at least twice.
I think he's just had some bad experiences with women, myself, and maybe that's why he turned gay.

But his gayness does not in any way, prohibit my enjoyment of him as a great musician! He's tops in my book, when it comes to composing a song and playing it with great style and emotion.

Ever hear the song, "have mercy on the criminal"? Another great one by Elton.

Billy Joel is also great showman, and composer, I saw him way back in 1988 in Florida, but they both give great concert. That was when he was dating Christie Brinkley and she was even in the audience. I believe I even saw her, sitting there, smiling.

Boy, I bet those front row seats were expensive! Remember when a concert was only $15-$20 for a famous act?

I even saw Eagles, Edgar Winter and Yes once for only $5! I'm not lying.

Allyson said...

Wow! I can't remember the last time I went to a concert! Looks like you had tons of fun! You have a fun family.