Monday, August 2, 2010

Single Parenting

I am going on three weeks now of being a single parent. Spence has been gone to Reno, NV working on a business transaction. He wasn't planning on being gone that long. The first week he was gone Nathan was gone as well. He went to EFY down in Provo at BYU. (He had a terrific time and said it was a real testimony booster.) Once Nate returned it made things a bit easier cuz I had my babysitter back. Let me tell you- I hated dragging three kids into the store to grocery shop. They instantly turn wild or something and climb all over the cart, play tag and run up and down the aisles. And that's on top of how much extra it costs to bring them with me.... The worse part of both Spence and Nate being gone at the same time was that I couldn't just run into the convenience store for my diet pepsi. That really sucked.

Anyway, I think I've done pretty well at holding it all together. There have been a few moments where a few tears have been shed. I just know that when Spence gets home he will let me have a break from the kids and go pamper myself- so I'm trying to hang on to that thought to get me through!

Any of you that know Claire knows that she thinks she is about 15 or so. She has a sassy little attitude (and mouth) on her. She kept bugging me about something yesterday and I kept telling her no. She was talking very loudly to me and I kept interrupting her with the same answer of NO. She waved her finger in my face and told me to let her talk. Then she preceeded to tell me to stop treating her like a kid. I just walked into the kitchen and told her I needed a huge break from her. She goes "Mom, you need a break from ALL the kids." Can't argue with her on that one. :-)

2 comments:

Jen-ben said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I love her!!! That is way too hilarious!! You DO need a break! No worries, Spence will treat you to a major girls day out when he gets home! :)

Shauna said...

I totally understand. Mike works so many nights that I'm always calling myself a "married-single-mom". Friends call me up to go places with them and don't understand why I say "no"....it's because it's simply too much work to drag 3 kids all over. I'm sorry it's been rough. I hope you get a fantastic break when he gets back! Hang in there! :-)