Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Idols on Stage

Monday night I went to the American Idols concert! I have never been to one before so didn't quite know what to expect. My mother-in-law took me, along with a niece and nephew to the concert. The top ten contestants performed. They each sang three songs except for David Archuleta who performed four songs, and David Cook performed five songs. Let me just tell you how loud it was in there when David Archuleta was on stage! It was hard to even hear him sing with all of the screaming fans. I didn't lose control like some of the fans since my neck has been tweeked out. He did so good and he was so cute. He is so humble and very appreciative of his hometown fans. He had tears in his eyes at the end. He definitely has an amazing voice and at only 17 has a huge career in singing ahead of him. (Just my opinion...) David Cook did well too and I felt bad that he had to perform after Archuleta. :-) Here are some pics from the concert....

Kristy
Tattoo Girl

Jason
David Archuleta

David Cook
Almost all of the Idols commented on how loud the Utah fans were. Makes me wonder if they say that to everyone or if it is true. Anyhow, I had a good time. It was kind of nice listening to several people instead of just the same person at a concert. Thanks for taking me Sue!

4 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I'm so jealous! How awesome Jackie! ahhh...sigh.

Laura said...

Wow! I feeling some pangs of jealousy myself. Glad you had a good time. I hope your neck is better. :)

Emily said...

How fun!

Young Family Adventures said...

How fun!! Look at your cute family! It is so fun to be back in touch with you & see that all is going great for you!! You are an awesome mom too!! Keep up the good work you are great!!

We will have to stay in touch. I don't use facebook as much either - now & then I am able to find someone there (like you) & then be in touch.

We have a blog too... if you haven't already found it: http://youngfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/

Keep in touch - great to hear from you! Love, Jeanna