Saturday, July 12, 2008

This and That

My New Nephew


My sister had her baby early Thursday morning. He was 3 weeks early and weighed in at 6lbs 15 ozs and only 16 1/2 inches long. He was small! His name is Jackson. Logan, Claire and I went to Ogden to see him at the hospital. Claire was in heaven! She loves babies so much so she held him the entire time we were there.

Strawberry Jam and Salsa

Friday I made strawberry jam. I bought strawberries from Tera (thanks!) and didn't know how many to get. Well, I only ended up using 5 little plastic containers of them to fill the containers that I had used last year. So now I have lots of strawberries left! I guess I'll have to go buy more containers to make more jam or just freeze the strawberries. If anyone has any good strawberry recipes- send them my way!



Here's what is left!


Then for lunch I made some fresh salsa and treated myself to my favorite lunch- nachos. Loaded with salsa, sour cream and guacamole. Mmmm... It's no wonder my thighs are as big as they are eating like this!

It just doesn't get any better than this.....


Picnic Time!

Friday's picnic for the kids I surprised them. I used muffin tins and had an assortment of food for them. Their lunch consisted of pineapple/strawberries, cheese, ham and turkey cubes, goldfish crackers, animal cookies, and yogurt covered raisins. They loved it. Thanks for the tip Tip Junkie!

I bought the muffin tins from the dollar store. What a great price!

Tea Party!


Friday night Claire and I went to Macy's tea party. It was father and sons campout in our ward, so the girls got together for dinner and lemonade "tea." The little girls played outside and had fun while the big girls (moms) had fun with the big girl talk. I had so much fun socializing with my neighbor friends. We had some great laughs. Thank you so much Emily for hosting this! (I took my camera but of course didn't take any pictures...)

5 comments:

Fauset Photography said...

Love the muffin tin idea!!! My strawberries are still sitting on my counter...

Rose said...

That is such a cute idea! (muffin tin) Every now and then all the ladies in the family have a tea party! They are the best! We always watch Jane Austin movies! Glad to know we aren't crazy! :)

Brian and Kim said...

Ahhh... I want one of those and Claire could just come down the street to cuddle with it.

I love the muffin tins too. I'm hoping that I can still make jam Monday. I've been out of town all weekend. Mine are still on the counter too, Jen.

Jackie, you do so many fun things with your kids. I just can't imagine when you find time to do those things. Where do you come up with such great ideas?

By the way, next time you make those nacho's, call me ;)

Jackie said...

I get the ideas from different blogs that I stalk or from Tip Junkie...

Had to throw most of my extra strawberries out this morning- mold. I don't feel too bad since they were only $5.

Emily said...

We made homemade Strawberry/Banana Ice Cream with the $5 strawberries. It was so yummy! I had the same problem with jam earlier in the summer. I bought so many strawberries that I had to go out and buy more jars. Then, I overestimated on the jars, so I bought even more strawberries to compensate. The result is our freezer completely full of Strawberry Jam. Honestly! I consider myself a semi-intelligent person. But, when it comes to volume of any sort, I'm a complete idiot! Anyone can come down and get some jam any time!

We did the muffin tin picnic for Family Home Evening tonight. The kids thought it was a blast!

I'm so glad you came to our little Tea Party. Macy had a great time, and it was so fun to get together with the big girls AND the little girls.