Thursday, October 9, 2008

Family Fun??

For family night on Monday we did some Halloween crafts/decorations that I saw in the Family Fun magazine and website. By the end of the night we were all screaming and hollering at one another and fighting. Ugh! Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with us. Why can't we even have peace and harmony for a few hours?
At bedtime my kids are always hungry and I'm always worn out and tired. Logan started fixing himself a peanut butter and honey sandwich to eat before bed. So naturally, honey was all over the counter. Then he decided he wanted jam on it too. Of course, he drops the jar of jam on the floor and it breaks. I didn't swear or scream but I had that "look" on my face. Logan just went and sat out on the front porch to eat his sandwich. When I went out to talk to him and ask what was wrong he told me he needed some time away from me. How nice. Guess I need to work on some things. :-) Anyhow, here are some pics of our getting ready for Halloween family night.


These ghosts are now Logan and Claire's new friends. They love to sit in the middle and play. Claire takes all of her toys out there. Logan plays "Duck duck goose" with them. LOL I looked out the other day and all of the ghosts had blankets draped over them. So they are getting pretty hammered and I don't know if they will even last until the end of the month!


This is how I felt by the end of the night. :-) Ugh, I hate Halloween.

3 comments:

Emily said...

A Couple of Thoughts:
Nearly every Monday night, Greg and I look at each other and say, "Why do we do this?" Those are some dang cute pumpkins though.

I thought my kids were the only ones that insisted on jam AND honey on their PB sandwiches. Too funny!

I'm proud of you for not swearing. I honestly don't know if I could have showed the same restraint. I often wonder if we get the "Spiritual Points" for FHE if there are a few "Damn's" and "My hell's" sprinkled throughout the lesson.

My kids are also in love with your lawn ghosts (and your enormous spider web). They want to make some for our yard too.

Finally, it certainly doesn't look like you hate Halloween. Yesterday, my brother-in-law dropped by to pick up a DVD and Macy insisted that she walk him down to your house to show it off.

On an unrelated note: How cute have our boys been lately. I have LOVED coming outside and watching Logan, Quinn, and Austin completely engaged in a baseball game that lasts hours, and you should come and see the Lego Ship Shrine that they have built in our basement. So fun! The other day, I was getting stuff out for dinner, and Logan walked in and said (with a huge smile on his face), "Oh no! You better not put food in front of my face or I'll get hungry." Then he lingered until we found a suitable snack. So cute!

Andee said...

I'm just glad to hear you and Emily let some language out sometimes too. :) Yeah, Halloween isn't my favorite holiday either, but good job on being crafty!

Jessica said...

You do some of the funnest stuff with your kids! Golly....where do you come up with it?! Even if I wanted too...mine would end up looking worse than the kids! I guess I didn't get that creative, outgoing gene from our gene pool!