Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Teenager!

I wanted to do this posting on Friday- Nathan's birthday, but have been experiencing "technical difficulties" with the computer and scanner and digital camera. Sometimes I wonder if technology is worth it. I can't get the scanner to connect to the computer now and I just don't have the patience to play around with it. I had some pictures from when Nathan was younger to scan in so maybe I'll add them later when I get the stupid thing fixed. Anyhoo.....

Happy 13th Birthday Nathan! I can't believe Nate is a teenager already. Course, by the way his voice is changing I knew it was coming. :-) He had 5 of his friends over for a sleepover to celebrate. We combined with his friend, Garrett, since they are only one day apart. Works out nicely.

The boys played a few games that I found on the Internet. First was trying to put spaghetti noodles into a bottle wearing a glove. The boys were not playing fair though and just started shoving bunches of noodles into the bottles- and ended up getting into a noodle fight. Nothing like a few sticky noodles in the grass.


Christian and Nathan (Notice Christian doing one by one- and Nathan's blob!)

Blake and Josh


Next game I hard boiled some eggs and put them in a bowl. I added one egg that wasn't hard boiled. The boys each had to take an egg- first one that they touched- and smash it against their head. Parker just knew he would be the one to get the raw egg- and guess what! He was! He was a good sport.




Go Parker!

Final game the boys bobbed for apples. Once they got one they had to immediately bob for marshmallows in a bowl of flour. It was fun to watch their reactions- especially Christian. He was getting so grossed out by the spit in the apple water. He would rather die then dunk his face in there. Then after he found his marshmallow he actually started puking. LOL (Sorry Alyson! Never meant to make your son throw up!)





Garrett loved doing this so much that he went twice!





Nathan


Josh was very hyper during this game. He was so funny!


Blake



Nathan was trying to force Christian's head in the water.

Yeah Christian! You did it!



Sorry it made you throw up Christian! :-)

The boys ate pizza and had yummy oreo cake that Meagan (Garrett's mom) made. Then they were off to play night games. Having 6 teenage boys over night wasn't bad at all. Nathan has wonderful friends. Thanks for being such awesome friends to Nathan guys!



Birthday boys- Nathan and Garrett

Now I guess I'll say some things to Nathan....

Dear Nathan,

I can't belive you are 13 years old! Where has the time gone? I remember when you were first born. Your conehead freaked me out! I didn't know that your head would eventually return to normal size since I was new to the whole baby stuff. LOL You brought such joy to my life- and still do. You were my comfort in my times of loneliness. You have helped me to become the strong person that I am today. I named you "Nathan" because it meant "Gift from God" and sounded like a strong name. It truly fits you.

You have helped me to overcome one of the greatest trials of my life- giving up Ethan for adoption. I was so blessed to have you to comfort me and to bring happiness in such a time of sorrow for me. Thank you for always understanding my decision and for not holding any ill feelings towards me for it. You are an awesome big brother to Ethan, Logan and Claire. They look up to you and your example. Always remember that being the oldest comes with a lot of responsibility but it is worth it. You will be the one to look out for and protect your younger siblings. They will turn to you in their times of need. Try to have patience with Logan and Claire and know that they love you so much.

Since you are 13 now I thought I would list 13 words that describe you:

talkative, intelligent, mature, leader, athletic, funny, tender, comfort, cook, adventurous, friend, responsible, smile

Always know how much I love you and feel blessed to have you in my life. I hope you will always feel you can communicate openly with me about anything. I enjoy our friendship and look forward to your teenage years! Aahh! I am getting old...

Love, Mom

5 comments:

Allyson said...

I love those pictures and everything you wrote! What a fun party...except for the throw up. I have a blog now

Jen-ben said...

Oh my gosh....he's so big!! scary...you have a TEENAGER!!! At least you know he's a great great kid!

Brian and Kim said...

Wow Jackie, what a great party. I love your letter to Nathan. It is beautiful and he is a beautiful person!!

Emily said...

What a fun party! He is such a great kid, and you are NOT old, although you are just 6 years away from having a missionary! Happy Birthday, Nathan!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Nathan! You put on a great party Jackie. Looks like a fun time was had by all...including Mom!?! :)