Thursday, February 26, 2009

Asian Cooking Class

My catering boss, Mark Petrey, decided to put on an Asian cooking class last night at Orson Gygi in their demo kitchen. (So jealous of that kitchen.) I decided to take Nathan with me because he loves to cook so I thought this would be fun for him. He was excited to learn some new stuff and was impressed by Mark and how good he was with a chef's knife. :-) There were about 50 people there.

Nathan volunteered to go help out. (The pictures are from cell phone and I was in the back row- so they're not too clear!)


We learned how to make Apricot Chicken filled pot stickers (so good!), lo mein, chinese chicken salad, Mark's secret teriyaki sauce and sweet and sour pork roast. Everything was delicious and it was a lot of fun. I think Nathan wants to go to a culinary school. I said his future wife would LOVE that!

4 comments:

Jen-ben said...

Ok, yum!! I want apricot pot stickers....

cami said...

Sounds like it was sooooo much fun! What a great idea to take Nathan. I had no idea he was a chef-in-training! Did you get some recipes? I'd love to get my hands on a copy-pretty please? They don't have to come with a sampling! Just the recipes. You always know how to have fun.

Emily said...

Great! When do you hold your own cooking class to teach all of us??? Maybe you should teach the next cooking night. Meagan might appreciate a break. Or, I can just put you and Nathan down for the first meal after the babies are born. Either way is fine with me. I just want a taste!

Jackie said...

I will bring you as many meals as you need after the babies are born- but won't teach a cooking class. Meagan does a great job of that!