Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wish Bone

Logan kept asking all Turkey Day for the wishbone out of the turkey. Well, naturally Spence wasn't aware of that and threw the bones in the trash. Logan was laying in bed and upset that night. I asked him what was wrong. He said they wrote down their wishes at school so he wanted the wish bone for them. I asked what his wishes were. He didn't want to tell me because he thought I'd think they were silly. I convinced him to tell me. Here they are:

1- I wish for 50 billion trillion dollars.
2- I wish for my drivers license.
3-I wish for the best family.

Okay- I can work with wish #3. I told him that it was one that we can work on. We can try to not scream and fight and show more love to one another. It made me feel kind of sad that he is aware of the fighting in our house and getting tired of it.

Then when I told him some wishes we could work towards to make happen. He goes "You mean I won't just look behind my dresser and there will be money there?"

"Um, nope."

"Well, that sucks."

"Yep, sure does!"

Anyway, the next day him and Claire were playing so good together. He would notice and say "Mom, we are having the best family. We aren't fighting." I'm so glad he is aware of it and making an effort. Hopefully we all can so that we can have the BEST FAMILY EVER! :-)

5 comments:

Jen-ben said...

awww, that is way way too cute!!! I love comments like that.
I wish for 50 billion dollars too.

Emily said...

Really...You really can't just look behind your dresser and find money there? Dang! One day he'll realize that having the best family ever is much better than finding money stashed around the house! Thank him for the reminder!

Allyson said...

That's so sweet...and I love your openness! I used to take to heart the primary lessons on faith. Yes, I really believed that if I had faith, and prayed to Heavenly Father for it, that I could wake up to Lifesavers or Starbursts under my pillow. That never happened, darn it! Life can be disappointing. No candy under the pillow in the morning and no money behind the dresser...oh well.

Tyler and Jen said...

Ohhhhh...so sweet! Yeah, I've tried wishing for more money too...doesn't work....keep wishing for the best family as well...it didn't happen today but maybe tomorrow!

Rose said...

What a sweetheart! I really wish the dresser thing worked..... I tried it, and nothing was there! :) jk You have a wonderful family and everyone has things to work on! The yelling is still on my list of things to be better at! haha cute Logan!