Sunday, June 29, 2008

Craft Day

Wednesday I had a day with the kids. I had been so busy on Monday and Tuesday trying to get ready for our Young Women's Standards Night. I was worn out! I slept in until 10:30am on Wednesday! Then I got out the craft sacks and gathered up the kids- including Nathan. We painted aprons and then did fingerpainting. After that I made a picnic lunch, spread out the blanket in the backyard and we enjoyed our lunch. I read stories to the kids while they ate. Logan kept saying "This is the best day ever. Thanks Mom! I love you!" I even got a thank you out of Nathan. Just the simple act of a picnic in the backyard entertained the kids. They all got along and it made me feel good. I need to do it more often. :-)

After we had lunch the kids played in the pool. To warm up the boys layed on the cement in the driveway. I went out and Claire was laying on her towel in a winter coat to warm up. It was so funny.


Watch out Vogue! Here I come! :-)

4 comments:

Rose said...

Cute! Have I ever shown you my activities book? It is my dream :)when I have children I do something like that with them every so often. If I havent shown you let me know and I will bring it on a sunday. I cut out all the things I like from family fun and others and practice them on my nieces and nephews!

Emily said...

You are such a great mom! Isn't it amazing that all they really want is time with us. I love that you use old T-Ball shirts for painting - so do we. Claire may have learned the winter coat thing from Macy. Although, Claire showed up at my house last week in jeans, t-shirt, and a sweater. I thought she might be a little warm for 95 degree weather, but she disagreed. So funny!

Andee said...

jackie, i want to be like you! :)
Standards night went so well. Thank you for your hard work.

Notaname said...

You always get the worst pics of me dont you mom???? -_-