Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Hot Day at Grandma Sue's House

Logan's New Haircut

Logan started out the day getting a new haircut. He wanted a "fohawk." He got a LOT of hair cut off- goodbye curls!

Claire is imitating Logan's hair. :-)

Waterfight!

Last Thursday, Grandma Sue (Spence's mom) had the cousins over to play at her house. She brought home water toys so the boys spent the entire day outside getting wet. They love to play "army." Claire joined in for awhile and the teams ended up being 4 against 2. (The smallest two.) Berkan and Andrew ended up using the hose as their weapon. Logan said that was fair since they only had two on their team. Logan's team would hold their weapons and sneak around the side of the house like in combat. Then they would plan out their attack. John Collin went running out there and was being squirt by the hose. He was getting drenched. He was the "captain" of his team. He hollered out to his teammates "Just go! Just leave me behind!" I was laughing so hard.


Getting prepared for battle.



Andrew and Berkan take a time out to warm up in the sun.


Claire takes a pizza break.



Claire's Comments

Grandma Sue took Claire, along with her two cousins, to Walmart to get matching Hannah Montana outfits. Her cousins Brynn and MaKayDee are about 9 years old. They came home and modeled their outfits for us. They love to fix each other's hair and put on mascara and lip gloss. Girlie girls! Anyway, the next morning I was in the shower and Claire came in the bathroom. She saw my bra laying on the floor and picks it up and says:

"Mom, you know that store where we got our Hanna Montana outfits?"
"Yes."
"They had THE cutest little bras there!"
"What!?" She's only 4! How does she even know what a bra is??

Then she proceeded to try and put my bra on and held it up to her chest (since it was obviously too big for her- but not that big....) and said "These are my boo boos!"



Hannah Montana "Wanna-be's"


A few days later Claire and I walked into Bath and Body Works to get a birthday gift for her friend. She says (very dramatically and with her hands in the air) "It smells sooooo delicious in here!"

Oh, they grow up so fast.


Baby Quail

The kids found two baby quail in front of grandma's house. I'm sure the birds will be scarred for life after an encounter with so many wild kids.

Uncle Sean held the baby while Claire and John Collin got a close up look.



Claire watched over this baby quail in the grass.

It sure was a fun day Grandma! Thanks!

4 comments:

Rose said...

Claire is hilarious! I wanted one two when I was her age. My mom made me wait till I was in first grade though, and I had to get a 100% on all my spelling tests! Finally the day came and I got two. They were beautiful! It was so worth it to study for my spelling tests that month!

Emily said...

Rose - Are you talking about wanting a bra? I had no idea that bras helped with spelling? I always thought they were used for something else. :)

Jackie - How did you cut Logan's hair. I would have cried! Okay...Maybe I wouldn't have been that dramatic about it, but seriously, your kids have the most beautiful hair. I would be tempted to let my little boy have flowing locks down to his shoulders. It does look cute though, and Logan seems to LOVE it.

I love Claire's Hannah Montana outfit. I have noticed that you guys have been spending much too much time with family because Macy has been going through "Claire Withdrawal." She has missed her! Looks like a ton of fun though. How blessed to have so many family members so close!

Laura said...

I thought Logan's hair looked shorter. I must say it is handsome. I bet it was hard to do. I couldn't have done it myself. By that I mean not only would I have had an emotional time cutting the curls off, I also would have totally messed up the hair cut. We go to a barber for that! :)

Way cute Hannah Montana stuff Claire!

Jackie said...

I didn't actually cut Logan's hair. I don't go anywhere near my kids hair with scissors! I've been taking the boys to that new "Hip Salon" over in Jordan Landing. They love it because the cut comes with a hair washing. But yes, it was hard to get his hair cut, but for summer it needed to be done. It grows fast though. :-)
And Rose- I never had the luxury of a bra in first grade! I barely need one now..... :-)