Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter


So this year for Easter I called the Easter Bunny to see if he could come on Saturday morning instead of Sunday. He was more than glad to accomodate my needs. We dyed eggs on Friday night and did egg and basket hunt on Saturday morning. I wanted Sunday's focus to be on Jesus, and not the easter bunny. I am so glad that I did that. It made Sunday so much better.
Spence, Claire and I got up early and went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing for their "Music and the Spoken Word" broadcast. They had the symphony playing with them also. It was soooooo beautiful! And Claire did such a good job being quiet while they filmed for the live TV broadcast. I wish I could start every Sunday watching the choir in person. Senator Orrin Hatch was there, so Claire and I got our picture taken with him. Just an added bonus I guess. :-)



After church we went over to Spence's parents' house in Murray for honey baked ham (yum!) and the kids had an egg hunt their with some of their cousins. They had fun. So it was a good Easter weekend for the McDonald Family!

4 comments:

Tera said...

The Easter Bunny comes to our house on Saturday too! I love it, we can focus on Jesus on Sunday. I can't imagine taking kids to church on Sunday who had an hour of candy before getting dressed!

Andee said...

I'm so jealous you were at music and the spoken word. I loved listening. He is Risen was wonderful. I am going to do the same thing with Easter. Thanks for the great idea!

Emily said...

I love the idea of the Easter Bunny on Saturday. I think I'll steal it for next year.

Mighty Spence said...

As you can tell my lovely wife Jackie has so many great idea's. I was so glad she dragged me out of bed early Sunday morning to see the Tab Choir. What a wonderful, uplifting experience that was.
I told Jackie, okay this is our new tradition. So all of you are invited with us next Easter!