Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Give Up

I talked to a few friends last night to get ideas on parenting strategies and how to get my kids to do what I ask them to do- and on my time schedule instead of theirs. One of my friends said with her kids she starts at 5 and counts backwards to 1. Then there's no where else to go- instead of counting up where there's a billion numbers you could count to. Then if she gets to 1 and if they're not doing what she asks then they get 30 minutes of cleaning the mopboards or floor, etc. So I thought I would try that. Well, Logan was giving me a hard time about staying in bed. So I told him what we were going to start doing. He asked what "mopboards" were. So I pointed out the trim along the floor. He goes "Oh, I love cleaning that!" UGH! I give up- it's hopeless!

First thing he said when he got up this morning- "I have to clean the walls don't I mom?" I got out the bucket and PineSol and let him clean away. I'll have an undisciplined kid- but at least I'll have clean mopboards! :-)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, Jackie, I love it! Hey, when he's finished, send him over to my house! I have an almost 2 year old now who really likes time out. Nice.

Jen-ben said...

That's hilarious!! he won't love it when he has to do it every day! :)

cmdance said...

Truly his fathers son!!!

Camille