Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"A Lucky Family"



So, the warm weather today (and the beginning of Spring Break) has brought out all of the neighborhood kids. Along with the kids comes the snacking on the treats. (which I totally DON'T mind.) Maddie came over to play with Claire and they were on their way to the garage to get the ever so popular Fruit Roll-Ups. (Macy's most favorite!) I helped them get some out and Maddie says "You are so nice to give us treats. You guys are a really lucky family. My mom never buys treats." LOL That made me smile. It doesn't take much to make kids like you does it? :-)

And speaking of treats- shame on you Emily for sending down the box of Thin Mints with Claire! They are half gone already! (and my butt has doubled in size.) Thank you though. It was very thoughtful of you.

5 comments:

Emily said...

It's your own fault! You mentioned that Spence didn't buy you Thin Mints, so I thought I would help out. Macy thinks you're lucky, too. The other day, Claire said, "You need to get your mom to buy fruit roll ups too." So funny! I know she's a HUGE mooch, so thanks for feeding her all the time.

Valerie said...

Your blog made me think that I still there. I can picture it all. Even the cars. . .

Jen-ben said...

Oh my gosh...I'm laughing so hard right now. I can 100% hear maddie saying that. She loves your house. She's always talking about how nice Claire's mom is. :) Yesterday I dropped Claire off (so she didn't have to walk ALL the way home from Macy's) and Maddie insisted on walking her to the door. So I let her. Well...she and Claire were taking a very long time in the garage, so I yell at her to come get in the car. She finally walks back and I see a very shiny wrapper in her hand. :) "Claire wanted me to have it." Sure she did....
:) Thanks for always welcoming my kids! You're kids are lucky to be in your family!

Laura said...

What a hoot! I'm sure as soon as my kids see your garage door open they'll be right over. They've done their share of mooching too. Thanks for always having the best treats in the neighborhood and for always being so willing to share the goodies. Hopefully, they'll remember to be as thankful for good friends who share as I am! :)

Laura said...

See, it didn't take very long. Heather came home earlier with a chocolate face. She said, "Claire wanted me to have one." What can I say except thanks and that you're raising some good sharers there.