Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Nathan


This post is for Nathan...

Nathan holds a special place in my heart. As most of you know I was a single parent for 5 years until I married Spence. Nate was my little buddy- my best friend. He has always been smart. He loved to put together puzzles at a very young age. I always had to buy new puzzles to challenge him. He was taught at a young age to do many things- such as cooking his own instant oatmeal in the microwave when he was only 3 years old. I think it was because I was working two, sometimes three jobs, and was so tired in the mornings that I taught him how to manage on his own until I got out of bed! Thus- becoming an expert video game player at such a young age too. I remember him playing Tetris at only 3 years old also. He learned to put on videos and work the TV very young also...
I remember one comment he made when he was little and I was fixing macaroni and cheese for dinner. I was always trying to add different things to it to mix it up a little since we had it so often. This particular night he saw me fixing it and says "Mom, can we just have plain mac and cheese tonight?"

I know that Nathan feels really picked on lately since he's the oldest. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it! His bed was moved upstairs into Logan's room because he brought home a "C" on his report card. Totally unacceptable in my house. He was spending too much time on the computer and falling asleep with the TV on. I know he hates it, but I already have seen a change in his and Logan's relationship. Logan loves having him in there.

Thanks for being such a great kid Nathan and for your sweet spirit! I know that you will accomplish many great things in your life. Love, Mom

3 comments:

Emily said...

He really is a great kid! He is so honest and tries so hard. On day, during piano, I told him that he could pick out a treat. He was doing really well that day, and I assumed that he had done his practicing. He said, "I wish I could. I only got in four days." What a great person! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be a single mom. You have done an amazing job with him (and all your kids).

Valerie said...

Nathan is such a great kid!!

Anonymous said...

I remember those 3 year old days. Sending love to sweet Nate!