Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Girl Talk

Claire came in the other night and said she was Jackson's girlfriend. I said "What?" She said Jackson told her that she was his girlfriend and he was her boyfriend. I told her she was toooo young for a boyfriend. I said "If Jackson tells you you're his girlfriend you tell him you are too little and then tell him to Get Lost." I made her repeat it to me so she would remember it. :-) You just can't be too careful, right??

Then, yesterday Maddie was talking to me and told me that her friend at school has a boyfriend and that they think they are married already. She said they even have a teddy bear that they pretend is their baby and that they already kissed each other on the lips! I said "Yuck! They are too little to do that." Maddie says "I know. I threw up in the garbage can because that is soooo gross." LOL

So what is with the girlfriend/boyfriend stuff?? Isn't it too soon for that? Or did I just forget? Boys have cooties still don't they? :-)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know!!! I'm pretty sure boys still have cooties. (Just kidding)

This year, Austin addressed all of his class Valentine's by himself. They were all the same, except for Shiane's - hers had all sorts of hearts and flowers all over it. A couple of weeks ago, at a family dinner, my brother-in-law asked Austin who was the prettiest girl in his class. Macy piped right up and said, "My mom says I'm the prettiest." Austin was quick to correct her. He said, "No! Shiane's the prettiest." I've got to hand it to him, though, he does have good taste. She is pretty cute!

Austin also tells me about the "Kissy Girls" at recess. He said that they chase the boys and try to kiss them. When I asked if they ever kissed him, he was very proud that he always ran away from them. I'm guessing Shiane is NOT one of the Kissy Girls.

FYI: I do tell Macy that she is pretty, but I've never, ever...EVER told her that she is prettIER than anyone else. She just makes things up.

Andee said...

Rob had all kinds of girlfriends in elementary. I think it's cute! It is kind of worriesome though. :)

Jen-ben said...

WHAT?!?!? My Maddie?? LOL I'm dying right now. I have NOT heard that story. I can't believe how fast they know about all that crap. :)