Monday, May 26, 2008

Week In Review

Thought I would sum up the past week's activities as best as I could....
Last Saturday when we had a beautiful day I bought a new pool and slip and slide for the kids. I got it all set up then had Logan come home. He was so happy and surprised. He came in and said "Thanks Mom! This is going to be the best summer!" A few friends came over to enjoy the cold water and hot sunshine.


On Monday, Macy came over and her and Claire played outside all afternoon. They were so cute. They got the chaise lounges out (change lounges as spence calls them LOL) and were such "girls." They layed their towels out and layed in the sun. They played on the slip and slide. Macy slipped down the slide and got off and said with pure excitement "I totally did it!" (I wished I would've had my camera out there with me- but totally spaced it!) I layed out and forgot that it was the first my body has seen any sunshine so got FRIED. Spence took good care of me though with the vinegar and aloe vera.

Since the rest of the week was rainy I decided to declutter some parts of my house. Finally got the top of the fridge cleaned off AND the corner in my kitchen where I have stacked all of my scrapbook stuff- probably since October. It was so bad. (I know for all of you who have seen it you are agreeing with me!) Now I feel like I have my kitchen table back and the corner is clean!



Cleaning the corner was so "invigorating" that I decided to finally paint my laundry room. When we moved into the house we painted the entire thing except never got to the laundry room. So it took me 3 1/2 years to get it done. Yeah! Then I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed the kitchen tile. I absolutely hate the tile and how dirty it gets. So every once in awhile I have to take hours and scrub it with Soft Scrub. (My favorite cleaner.)



SOME FREE ADVICE FOR HUSBANDS: Don't walk into the laundry room when your wife has finished painting it and tell her it's not one of her better jobs. And don't come down from your two hour nap and see your wife scrubbing the kitchen floor on her hands and knees and say "It doesn't look like it's working." And then when your wife responds not so kindly to you, you tell her that she is honery. (Especially after your wife has been scrubbing for an hour and is only half way done AND when it's her time of the month.)

On Wednesday Nathan received the High Five Award at school for getting A's on his last three science tests. He has done great on bringing his grades up. I am proud of him. He spent the day Friday at Lagoon. It was DARE day so they got in for a discount. He went with a friend and I picked them up that night. I was nervous because this was his first time at Lagoon without an adult chaperone. But I sent my cell phone with him so he could stay in touch. He had fun.

Thursday and Friday Logan and Claire watched home videos all day long. Claire didn't even get dressed on Thursday! They were lazy. They got out mine and Spence's wedding video and watched it. Nathan was 5 years old when we got married. It shows him talking on there and Logan looked at Spence and goes "I don't understand anything he is saying!" Logan had a wedding picture of Spence and me and took it to his room. He wanted me to hang it on his wall. I said that would look silly in his room. He told me he wanted it in there. I asked him why and he said "To show respect." Oh, he just knows all the right things to say. Although it was followed with "What does respect mean?"
Saturday night I catered while Spence went out with our friends to Red Lobster and to see Indiana Jones. Nice date night eh? :-) He said the movie wasn't that great. I have been excited to see it but he said not to waste my money. I think I'll still go though just to see Harrison Ford. Has anyone else seen it?
So that was my week more or less. I hope the sun will shine again soon so that the kids can play outside!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! You had a crazy (and productive) week. First of all, thank you so very much for taking Macy ALL day last Monday (I put you as my "Grateful" moment that day). I really appreciated the quiet time. She had so much fun. I am so sorry that she can be such a brat sometimes. Yesterday at church, right in front of Spence, Macy looked at Claire and said, "I'm never going to play with you again." Honestly...That girl has way too much attitude. So, what do I do about it, I yell at Greg for babying her too much (that makes a lot of sense, right). Anyway, I really am so glad that she has Claire.

Secondly, I'm very proud of you for letting Nathan go to Lagoon alone. What a courageous step! And I'm also proud of you for keeping your husband around after comments like that! (Just kidding, Spence) I read that part to Greg, and you should have seen his eyebrows!

I agree - I hope we see the sun this week! And I'm thrilled that Nathan is not quitting piano. I was really quite depressed about it. Nathan is SUCH an easy lesson - it really is my pleasure to teach him. He tries so hard and picks up on everything so quickly. And he has the BEST attitude. I meant everything I told him.

Emily said...

Oh...I meant to tell you that when Paige sees Claire, especially when she first arrives at our house or when Paige wakes up from her nap and Claire is here, she reacts just like she is seeing Austin or Macy. She flaps her arms and squeals. She is so excited to see Claire. It's hilarious!

Valerie said...

What a fun week! Since it took you 3 1/2 to get a painting job done, you have given me hope that perhaps I will get MY painting projects done someday too! Oh, I hate painting rooms. . .

I haven't heard many good reviews of the Indiana Jones movie either, but we saw it last weekend, and I had a blast! It was totally Indiana Jones - just what I was expecting! That is Harrison Ford's best character, and he will always be Indiana Jones as far as I'm concerned.

Laura said...

You were a busy lady this week. Way to go on the scrapbook corner and the painting and the advice to husbands. I'm going to show that to Boyd!!!

Good job Nathan! As for Indiana Jones, I figure I've got to see it no matter what people say because it's Indiana Jones!