Thursday, May 1, 2008

Duck..Duck....Goose!


This morning when I took Nathan to school there was a big white "Aflac" goose crossing the street. It was so funny. All of the cars were stopped and just waiting for him to cross. He stopped in the middle of the road and just stood there. Then when I was returning home, the goose had almost made its way to the side of the road. He stopped in the middle of one of the lanes so cars were having to slow down to go around it. He sure was backing up traffic! He would take a step one way, then go the other way. You could tell he was so confused as to what to do. Two girls walking to school were standing on the sidewalk trying to coax him to them. So anyway, later in the afternoon I took Logan to school. I was telling him about seeing the goose. He asked if the goose got ran over. I said "No." Logan goes "Oh dang. I hoped it got ran over so we could have chicken tonight!" LOL Now, I know that grocery prices have really gone up, but I have NOT resorted to road kill....yet. :-)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Actually...I just spent our life savings at Costco today. So...if you could hit anything that you see in the street (goose, chicken, cat, etc.), we'll split it with you!

Brian and Kim said...

I've been looking for a way to save money for the Ward Activities budget. Just send any road kill over and we'll freeze it. ;)