Tuesday, April 29, 2008

MS Walk

Saturday I went to my hometown of Evanston, Wyoming to walk in the MS Walk. Our team was called "The Woodshoppers." My brother that has MS has his own custom cabinetry business called Wyoming Woodshop- thus the name. It was a beautiful morning. A little bit chilly. My face and hands got a bit cold. I walked three miles and realized how out of shape I was. My legs were itching like crazy from my lack of circulation. I told Spence that when I go on the pioneer trek this July, that I would be one of the pioneers that they will have to bury along the trail!

Our team raised a little over $1,000 and the Evanston walk raised $21,000! Yeah! Thank you to all of those who donated. Here are some pictures from the walk.

My sister-in-law, Jeni, niece Makayla, Mom and Dad behind them

Nathan and me after the walk

Nathan and his cousin, Makayla. They walked 5 miles (and ran most of it!)

After the walk I hung out at my mom's gift store. My brother made these cabinets/hutches for her. They turned out so beautiful. They are the kind of cabinets I want in my kitchen. Everything he makes is custom and top quality. He is so talented. So if anyone is interested in a piece of furniture, let me know.




4 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

I am so proud of you for doing the MS walk. It feels so good to be able to help.

Your brother's work is awesome. I would love to have beadboard cabinets in my kitchen. And you are have such a talent for decorating. Can you help me?:)

I seriously doubt that you would be buried on the pioneer trail. You are incredibly strong both physically (I've seen you work in your yard) and spiritually. I know these YW in our ward are so lucky to have you.

Laura said...

Congrats on doing the walk. Good for you and your family and for such a good cause.

The cabinet are beautiful too and your mom's shop looks very cute.

Andee said...

Go Jackie, go! I love your comment about the pioneer trek!

Emily said...

Wow! Good for you! How come you didn't tell us that you were doing that?!? Next time, let people know so we can donate to the cause.