Friday, April 11, 2008

Should I be worried?

Now, usually this conversation takes place with your 2 or 3 year old. NOT your 12 year old son! This morning I am in the car taking Nathan to school. He really needs a haircut and I said I would take him today. I look over and notice this section of really short hair right in the front where his part is.

"Nathan, did you cut your hair?"

"No. Why?"

"Did someone else cut it then? Because there's a part here that is only about a centimeter long."

He looks in the mirror. I could tell he wasn't being truthful.

"Nathan, tell me the truth. Did you cut your hair?"

Smiling.... "Ok, I did. I just got bored."

Oh my gosh! "Don't you know that you don't cut your hair! Now you can't go in for a haircut. It's going to have to stay long to cover that up! Unless you want a buzz and look like a dork! Usually you take in your toddler to the beautician when they cut their hair and ask them if they can fix it- not your 12 year old! How embarrassing!"

I guess if this is the worst thing he does then I'm okay?? UGH!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You know - children never cease to surprise!

Laura said...

That's right. Kid's certainly will keep you on your toes and keep life interesting! It doesn't seem to matter what their age is. :-)