Thursday, April 3, 2008

Give Me Candy!

Today Claire had a field trip with her preschool to Sweets Candy Factory. Logan got to come with us since it was in the morning before he goes to school. All of the kids were so well behaved and had fun. We got to see how taffy, jelly beans, cinnamon bears, etc were made. We even got to sample some of the candy. The factory is open Monday through Thursday and have open tours. It would be great to get the neighborhood kids and all go together some time!
Here are pictures of the kids with their "Candy Maker Hats" on as our tour guide called them. Claire refused to put hers on at first, but then finally gave in.


4 comments:

Laura said...

I LOVE the pictures!!! You have the cutest kids. I think a nieghborhood trip sounds great. Count us in. There are a few sugar junkies at this house who would love to see how candy is made.

Emily said...

That's a great idea! Macy has her fieldtrip to Sweets in a couple of weeks. Although, I don't know how well behaved my kids would be surrounded by their best friends (my kids are kind of like small dogs - they get so excited that they go crazy and run around wild in circles). I guess I could definitely bribe them with candy.

Laura said...

Sorry about the spelling in my posts. If my brain had a spell check, or my fingers worked better, life would be good!

Jackie said...

I was worried about Logan behaving because when I took him with us to the Gale History Museum he didn't behave the best. But, at the candy factory they have yellow lines that you have to stay behind and the kids were good about staying behind them and not touching anything. The tour is only like 25 to 30 minutes.