Thursday, April 17, 2008

Random "Childish" Thoughts

I was taking Logan to school today. He loves it when we're a little early because then he gets more time to play on the playground. It's so cute to see all the little kids run with so much excitement to the park. They always have a smile on their faces and are laughing and having so much fun with each other. And Logan gets so excited when he gets to be the "door holder" at school! It just got me to thinking of how simple life is when you're young and how easy it is to be entertained and have fun. When do we lose that? When do simple things like going down a slide or climbing the monkey bars become "not fun" anymore? Why don't we as adults run to the playground with our friends anymore? Maybe some of you do and it's just me that doesn't! I wonder how it would be if we found excitement in simpler things. I wonder what it would be like to be so innocent and not sit and worry about stuff like how your hair looks, what you're wearing, what you eat, etc. I wish I could be more care free about things. I guess I need to slow down and enjoy simple things with my kids before they grow up and don't like to go to the park anymore. I need to learn to enjoy things like that more. I need to be more CHILDISH! :-) Don't worry- I won't start to shirk my adult responsibilities...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Boyd has the ability to do just what you're talking about. I always think of him as the fun parent. I'm the one who needs to slow down and play while they're still so young. Good point and thanks for helping me remember to do just that!