Thursday, April 3, 2008

"I Told You So"

I am always telling Spence that he doesn't pay attention when he drives when he's talking on his cell phone. He always tells me that I am the bad driver and my response is "whatever." He called me last night and said he'd never talk on the phone while driving again. He changed lanes on the freeway without looking first because he was on his phone. He side swiped another car. (He did that once in Kansas City and dented in my car.) The driver in the other car was Hispanic and said he was in a hurry to get to Idaho so didn't want Spence to call the police. He said he could just fix his car by himself and only asked for $100 cash. (I won't make any comments about that, but it sounds kind of suspicious...) Spence agreed and gave him $100. He didn't want to put it on our insurance anyway. I guess he lucked out that way. But, I loved the opportunity to look at him and say "I told you so!"

Spence hated his car before....now he really hates it. He was able to get the blue paint off from the other car at least. :-) I love you sweetie! You keep life entertaining!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ouch...but a good I told you so! Thank goodness he wasn't trying to drive backwards down the street and hit the landscaper's car. Still sorry about that one!

Jen-ben said...

Well now Spence will have another excuse for a new car right.... :)
Luckily cars are just things we use to get us places, who cares what they look like...

cmdance said...

I just have one questions....was he testing the ice? Spence will know what I mean. Oh jeez! GET OFF THE CELL PHONE!!!

Camille